Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kethrin - Part Five: Gone in a Flash

 Annabelle heard a noise from behind her, and realizing that the only thing that should be standing behind her was the alien, she naturally became a little unnerved. Instead of attacking her, the alien simply walked over to the room’s bookcase and started reading out of it.







 She read constantly, over the course of the entire night. As she did this, Annabelle and Elliot were talking, wondering exactly what was going on.

When the sun rose, the alien had finished reading the books. Annabelle and Elliot walked over to her and watched for her next move. Suddenly, the girl waved.


“Hello. My name’s Verena. I read your books on this shelf and I learned your language from it.” She said, almost exactly like a human being would."I come to your planet in peace." 

==================================================

Meanwhile....






"Now, to complete my mission."


=================================================
"So what did you come to Earth for?" Elliot asked. "Are you looking for something here?"Verena was looking outside the window, out to Sunset Valley, and at first she did not hear Elliot's question. 

Verena walked over to Elliot and Annabelle.
"I need to find something, information really." Verena said. "I was sent here to gather information on a crash, but my landing pod went off course when I hit an upper-level atmospheric disturbance."


"Sorry, I read a meteorological book in that shelf. I of course mean a thunderstorm."

"Oh."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, the Man in the Suit had discovered the location of Verena through questioning civilians, and was on the way to the Coen house. 




"Can I help you?" 

"You know old man, it's usually not cool to just walk into someone's house." Tyler Coen, Elliot's brother, said. "You have some type of badge? And it better be real: Trust me, I can tell if a badge is fake or not."
 "Say... you look a bit familiar there. Have we met before?"
 
"Hello there, son. Have you seen anything out of the ordinary lately?"
"And trust me, I know you will lie to me."

"I can't stop you from lying to me, all I can say is that you will not stop what will happen next. So where is the alien?"


"Wait, where did Verena go?!" Annabelle asked.

=====================
"Yes, I certainly did see something strange. It was a movie down at the show house. Have you seen those adventure movies? The effects were so cool that I actually thought I was in the movie itself!!"

"It's like SOOOOO crazy, I actually thought there were skeletons right there in the theater, you know! They way they are filming these movies lately, it's so cool!"
"And the prices, they're just amazing! I bought a large popcorn for like a nickel! A NICKEL! You couldn't get a better deal! And let's not forget the bathroo-"
"Son. Shut up." 

"HEY!" Tyler said, "And to think I actually want to be a spy like you, and now I hope I'm not as crotchety as you when I get to that level!"


Suddenly, Verena walked up to the two. "Hello."

"Hello there."
=============================================

Verena and the Man in Black walked to the kitchen. Rather than use force against the alien, the MIB stepped up to her. 


"Verena..." The MIB whispered. "My mission is complete. She is safe with them. Now I need an objective list of what to do next."


"Let's discuss this in a different location." Verena said. And suddenly....



...they were gone.
 "Wait, what happened?" Elliot asked. "Where did they go?"

........................................







1 comment: