Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kethrin - Part Seven: Conversations

"It's okay to look now." Verena said. "And don't be embarrassed, I'm not, though I must admit I am not quite used to human customs."

"Well I'm human, and I am well aware of the customs of modesty." Elliot half-jokingly said. "But it's great you're back, there are a lot of things that went on while you were gone."   
"So where did you go?" Elliot asked, waiting in the other room while Verena got dressed. "We walked into the kitchen and you just... vanished."

 "I... uh, had a few things to take care of." Verena said. "That government agent said that I would be allowed to live on Earth if I helped him out a bit. I did, got my 'green card', and here I am. I came back here because you and Annabelle were the first humans I encountered, I hoped it would be okay ."

 "It's perfectly okay with me," Elliot said, "and I don't think Annabelle, Tyler, or John would mind." 
Verena wondered about someone else "What about Ja... oh wait, never mind." She stopped herself when she realized the person she was about to ask didn't live at the house yet. Anyway, It's good to be back." 
Verena walked back into the room, noticing that Elliot had closed his eyes once again. "You know, I'm clothed now, it's okay to open your eyes."

"Okay."

 Verena walked over to her chair and sat down in it.She motioned Elliot to sit down next to her on a couch. "So what did happen while I was gone?"

"Well, we were to have a child, but Annabelle became ill... we lost it before it could be born. After this, my sanity started to slip. I don't know why, all I could think about was myself, myself, myself, and I didn't give a care in the world about Anna. It wasn't because I wanted to forget about her, I just couldn't..." 
 "After that heartbreak, we discovered that she couldn't have any more children. Anna was devastated, and my sanity slipped off the rest of the slope." 

 "But..." Verena said, "But I noticed Annabelle was pregnant, when I came back to this house, as I stepped upstairs, I caught a glimpse of her. So something had to have happened, maybe it was a miracle, or modern medical science, or something like that."
 "Well, there was this dream she had. She told me it a few times. She dreamt that she was being abducted by aliens, and they did some sort of experiment on her where they affected her stomach. It wasn't long after that she left for Twinbrook and discovered she was pregnant there. Do you maybe have an idea what this dream could mean?"
 "Well, I try not to think too much about stuff like that." Verena said. "I... think whatever happens, happens for a reason. Maybe an alien did abduct Annabelle and healed her body, but all I can say is that I would be happy that she is healed, and let the circumstances of that healing slide."
"So, what else has happened since I left? How's Tyler?"

"He went to Boot Camp out in Fort Salas, Riverview a few days ago. He feels compelled to become a government agent ever since that day we met you, I don't know how he's doing though, because he hasn't sent word. But I assume he's having the time of his life." 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile...
"I HATE IT HERE!!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------
"So what about John?" Verena asked. "I didn't get to meet him much, but I heard he lived here now."
"Well... John doesn't do much. He just enjoys being down at the beach, not swimming, or surfing, but playing chess. I think he's going back down there today, and I don't know if I can stop him!"
"Don't try. If that's what he loves then don't try to change it. Besides, he may just find the right person for him down there! Wait..."
Verena turned her head, listening in on something. Suddenly, she heard a crying noise from downstairs. "It's a bit... early for that... isn't it?" 

"For what?" 
"Annabelle... she's in labor." 


 Wasting no time, Elliot rushed downstairs into his bedroom. The sun had started to rise, and light was shining into the room. When Elliot ran inside, his eyes widened to no end...

"ANNABELLE!!!!" 
...............................................


1 comment: